Radio Button Group

sepoto

I have code that creates radio buttons in a form. Right now each radio button has a unique name. Is there not a way to make it so the radio buttons are grouped or something of that nature?

<?phpmysql_connect('127.0.0.1','root','**********');@mysql_select_db('methane') or die( "Unable to select database");$query="SELECT DISTINCT import_date FROM planning ORDER BY import_date ASC";$result=mysql_query($query);$num=mysql_numrows($result);?><html><head><title>Select Data Set</title></head><body><form action="displaydata.php" method="post"><div style='border: solid 1px black;'><?php$X=0;while ($X < $num) {$importdate=mysql_result($result,$X,"import_date");echo "<input type = 'Radio' Name ='" . $X . "' Value='" . $importdate . "' >";echo $importdate . "<br>";$X++;}?><input type = 'Submit' Name = 'Go' Value = 'Get Record Set'></form></div></body></html>

I am not sure what do you mean by group? in basis of what you want to group?

I am not sure what do you mean by group? in basis of what you want to group?
echo "<input type = 'Radio' Name ='radio' Value='" . $importdate . "' >";

I found out that if you call all of them radio that a call to $_POST["radio"] will return the Value of the one selected which in these cases is $importdate.

thats how radio button works, you can choose one option from multiple option for particular name var

Archived