Ready for hosting

Den-Dezyn

Right after a lot of hard work and some great advice and help from members here my portfolio is ready for airing online, as its my first site i have not had a hosting service before so i would like your views on how i should go about it, should i go free or paid and which host should i use.

Free will come with ads.Ads will imply free hosting.Free hosting will imply cheap.Cheap will communicate unprofessional.If this is a portfolio and you truly intend to point potential clients there and you really want this to work out in the long run, then I would suggest investing some cash. Without knowing your site technical requirements (language, database, etc.) I couldn't give a strong recommendation right now. You can get hosting services for as little as $5 a month - even cheaper I'm sure. But you get what you pay for so think about it.

I guess paid hosting is a must i dont believe i am anywhere near equipped enough to bring in clients but i can use this first guise as a way that people can get to know my name and start to see that i am progressing with my knowledge then i will be found easier when that knowledge is strong enough to offer a service that clients will require. I just have to trawl the hosting adds to find my niche.

I have been very satisfied with InMotionHosting (here's the link with my referral code if you decide to register). They have fairly competitive prices and fabulous customer service (which is important for web hosts). I've utilized Live Chat many-a-time and solved my problem. If your website started getting masses of visitors (like thousands per day), then Media Temple is probably best. It is the host of choice for numerous large websites. Of course the speed and features come with a much larger price, so you wouldn't want to start with it.

Archived