use info in multiple pages

garevn

Hello i have 3 pages and i need the information about charid which is in my database-->from page1 i send the info i need on page2 using a link <a href="page2.php?charID=add&charid=1">--> page2 i get the info like this$charid= (isset($_GET['charid'])) ? $_GET['charid'] : NULL;and the problem is the following:How i can make page3 remember the same info when i call it? i am not really experianced and i cant figure it out atm

You can do same thing everytime by propogating the data in the url. If your that data needs in your all of page you may consider to use session or cookie. Its depends on your application and needs what will suits best in this case.

Hello!My case is that i call page3 which contain dynamic data from page2 in order to display those data. Basecally i need the charid which is allready known in page1-2 in order to use it in the query in page3.I read some session examples but i dont know if its the best choice to try

Then you can only propogate the data in url when user will click the link the data will be passed as GET and you can work with the data in page 3.Session usualy used where a particular data need to be used through whole particular session. eg when a user login anyone can store the user name or id in session so that for a particular session it will refer to that particular data and anyone can use that data in all over the site till the session exist.

y thats what i did passing the data from page1 to page2.But i dont really understand how to pass the data to page3.page3 is just a page with a dynamic table which i call to display that table.there is not a link for user and such stuff. At the moment pages1-2 work perfect the problem is only on page 3

Then how do your user get into page3?

Archived