Learning PHP.... help.

attila2452

What are some things in PHP that i can do to learn it more effectively. i have a friend that "wants" to teach me, but isn't doing anything about it, and what he calls teaching , is just telling me to do things... which isn't helping .. the thing he told my yesterday was .. "make a CMS." i'm just starting out. i can do include functions, and i know how to open and close php syntax. as well as that variables start with a $ sign.. i don't know a whole lot. i've been on w3schools. but i can't find anything to on the site, where i can make something to learn what i'm trying to learn. i have no idea if that makes sense but i'm trying to explain myself. to the best o my abilities.

What are some things in PHP that i can do to learn it more effectively. i have a friend that "wants" to teach me, but isn't doing anything about it, and what he calls teaching , is just telling me to do things... which isn't helping .. the thing he told my yesterday was .. "make a CMS." i'm just starting out. i can do include functions, and i know how to open and close php syntax. as well as that variables start with a $ sign.. i don't know a whole lot. i've been on w3schools. but i can't find anything to on the site, where i can make something to learn what i'm trying to learn. i have no idea if that makes sense but i'm trying to explain myself. to the best o my abilities.
I'd advise to start at the very beginning http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.aspand take it one step at a time..

Archived