Email Newsletters

Howdy_McGee

So I have to develop an email newsletter. I am having the most trouble with this than anything I've ever learned. I understand it has to be coded all in tables and inline CSS and such but HOW do you actually place what you code into an email? I mean there are no "HTML" option on Yahoo mail or gmail. Has anyone developed any kind of email newsletter before? How did you place in your HTML?

So I have to develop an email newsletter. I am having the most trouble with this than anything I've ever learned. I understand it has to be coded all in tables and inline CSS and such but HOW do you actually place what you code into an email? I mean there are no "HTML" option on Yahoo mail or gmail. Has anyone developed any kind of email newsletter before? How did you place in your HTML?
To use it with gmail you need to use outlook express or any other email application. You can not insert HTML directly into a mail send using gmail. What you can do is compose a mail using their interface that has the same options as you would have coding one in HTML and CSS.To do this click on the link saying "rich formatting" after you choose to compose an email. You should then see a bar that will let you choose colors, underline text, bold text, lists, etc..

To use it with gmail you need to use outlook express or any other email application. You can not insert HTML directly into a mail send using gmail. What you can do is compose a mail using their interface that has the same options as you would have coding one in HTML and CSS.To do this click on the link saying "rich formatting" after you choose to compose an email. You should then see a bar that will let you choose colors, underline text, bold text, lists, etc..
Nice So I need Outlook in order to input my HTML into an email for further testing. I'll look into this and try it out. Thanks!!!

Well, you must use PHP's mail() functions.HTML is just text formating.You use PHP to transfer HTML via email.

nope just HTML and images
I mean, are you composing an email using HTML/CSS markup and then trying to send it yourself through your gmail/yahoo/hotmail account, or are you composing and sending it using PHP via the mail() function?

Archived