Index.html and NOT index.php

jingjoenie

Is anyone knew how to solve, or what should be done in order to show the index.html content and not the index.php file content? We have sites, that upon clicking or even pasting it to the browser, the display will show, the assest/index.php content. but not the desired mainsite/index.html content. How this can be solve? Anyone here can help?

You can add a .htaccess file to your directory with the following code in it:
DirectoryIndex index.html

Upon doing so, does the "show-up" the display upon clicking the site will direct you to the mainsite/index.html and not to other index.html that are found inside the "mainsite/domain" file? Also, who is the one responsible or has permission to edit the .htaccess? Please more clarification on this, I am really an amateur on this, and really want to learn more.

All it does is send requests to that specific directory to the index.html file. I'm not sure what you mean by "show-up"
Sorry, I don't know what term should use or web term appropriate for when clicking the site, the display or the view, the landing page? All I have in mind that is appropriate is "show-up". I don't know if that is correct?And one question, where do I write the code?Can this be done using the remote view of server using Dreamweaver? Or is there any specific location, software to use or anything, to do the edit? Hope for further consideration, I am really new, please bear with my poor understanding on web, but really eager to learn. And wanted to make sure that I will do the right thing. :)

.htaccess is a file that is supported by the server (IF and only IF the server is running is an Apache server, which most are). The name of the file itself is .htaccess, so you would place the code example into that file and upload it to the folder it applies to.If you want to do it in a different way then the server administrator needs to change the Apache configuration file to look for a index.html file instead of index.php as a first choice.

• 3 weeks later...
.htaccess is a file that is supported by the server (IF and only IF the server is running is an Apache server, which most are). The name of the file itself is .htaccess, so you would place the code example into that file and upload it to the folder it applies to.If you want to do it in a different way then the server administrator needs to change the Apache configuration file to look for a index.html file instead of index.php as a first choice.
Thank you Ingolme and SIOG, it is really appreciated. Now, I know who holds the permission to change and where to change. Thank you so much for your help. I now, can display the website correctly. :)

Archived