500 Internal Server Error

Sl0G

That is what I get trying to validate a website suddenly that used to work fine. Only changes that have been made is that some Javascript was included in to the index page to do rotations of images.NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YESdocument type does not allow element "META" hereThen the errors are all related to the two above statements.Any clues?

Validation error. No problem to reach the website itself. Only happens when I try to validate the page.No idea, how the doctype gets changed by itself. I double checked and there is nothing in .htaccess doing it what according to my searches could cause the problem.

For some reason it seems that a different DOCTYPE is pressed up on the document?????
That was incorrect, the right DOCTYPE seems to be used. However I got no idea why something that used to validate does not validate no longer. Looking at the page source also does not tell me anything. Some of the errors or warnings given by the validator are incorrect. It tells me for example that I am linking to files outside of the header while the linking is done clearly inside the header tags.

Archived