Very basic HTML questions

jr2000

Hi, I am new to HTML. I have been learning for a while but I have never really got my hands dirty with it. I have a website that I am building for my employer (www.unplugu.com) but I am having trouble with a few things. I've gone through the HTML tutorials on w3schools.com but my question was not answered that way.On my web page, I have a few elements (images, iframes, etc) but when the window is resized the elements move around (they form a vertical line instead of staying next to each other).Is there a way to keep the elements stuck in their positions even if the page is resized?I appreciate any help that can be offered.

you have to define a minimum fixed width for the outer parent container as in width:960px if the total width of your elements equals 960px;, or if using a fluid width parent container, which stretches to width of users browser screen use min-width: 960px; which will result in parent container stretching wider than 960px but not below.

you have to define a minimum fixed width for the outer parent container as in width:960px if the total width of your elements equals 960px;, or if using a fluid width parent container, which stretches to width of users browser screen use min-width: 960px; which will result in parent container stretching wider than 960px but not below.
I think that might work just fine. I'm just leaving the office so it'll have to wait until Monday. Thanks for the reply!

Archived