MP3 player is only workingin FireFox

a_dejesus

A section of my site I want to be set up to allow visitors to listen to select MP3 of my music. As of right now the one I am trying to add only works correctly in Firefox. I have it set so that it does not play until the user clicks the pay button, but in Chrome the play bar looks messed up and it auto-plays once the page loads. I.E. 8 doesn't load or play the MP3 at all I was wondering if anyone could let me know what I am doing wrong with my code for my player.

<h2>Instrumentals</h2><ul><li>Universal Soldier MP3-<object classid="clsid:166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=8,5,0,0" width="106" height="15" title="Universal solider">  <param name="src" value="music/beats/Universal Solider.mp3" />  <param name="autoplay" value="false" />  <embed src="music/beats/Universal Solider.mp3" width="106" height="15" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/" autoplay="false"></embed></object></li></ul>

Here is what the play bar looks like in each browersMP3.jpg

Some browsers don't have plug-ins for that.For Internet Explorer you would need an <object> element with a classid attribute containing the ID of the program you want to put there.The best way to play audio is to get a Flash media player.

I was thinking of placing a link set but is there a way to make is the user can not download the track from the links. I was thinking of using a set up like this.

<a href="music/beats/Universal Solider.mp3" target="_blank">Universal Soldier</a>

But I want to make is so that you can not right click and save as.

they could probably figure it out from looking at the url. Why not just use flash like Ingolme suggested? There's ton's of free Flash based mp3 players available online.

Archived