IE8 unable to load XML data

the_magicien

I develop a report to display my data in XML in HTML form.The HTML contain the report template & the contain of the report in XML file.This report working fine with IE6 & IE7 but not IE8. In IE8 the header of the report able to display but no the XML data unable to display.This is no issue using IE6 & IE7.Please help me.

This is the code-----------------------<html><head><title>ASSIST Report</title><style type="text/css"><!--.style1 { font-size: 18px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}.style2 { font-size: 14px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}.style3 { font-size: 12px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}--></style></head><body><xmlsrc="data.xml"id="xmldso"async="false"></xml><xmlsrc="data1.xml"id="xmldso1"async="false"></xml><p class="style1">GPS Coordinate (RSO) & Derived Information</p><tabledatasrc="#xmldso1"width="100%"border="0"><tr align="left"><td class="style2">Project Name : <span datafld="Name"></span></td></tr><tr align="left"><td class="style2">Project Area : <span datafld="area"></span></td><tr align="left"></tr><td class="style2">Project Date : <span datafld="date"></span></td></tr></table><p class="style1"></p><tabledatasrc="#xmldso"width="100%"border="1"><thead><th>No.</th><th>Station No</th><th>Tree Id</th><th>X Coordinate</th><th>Y Coordinate</th><th>Z Value</th><th>Species</th><th>Height</th><th>Dbh</th><th>Volume</th><th>Remark</th></thead><tr align="left"><td><span datafld="No"></span></td><td><span datafld="Station"></span></td><td><span datafld="Tree"></span></td><td><span datafld="X_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Y_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Z_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Species"></span></td><td><span datafld="Height"></span></td><td><span datafld="Dbh"></span></td><td><span datafld="Volume"></span></td><td><span datafld="Remark"></span></td></tr></table><p class="style2">ASSIST Generated Report</p></body></html>-----------------------

This is the code-----------------------<html><head><title>ASSIST Report</title><style type="text/css"><!--.style1 { font-size: 18px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}.style2 { font-size: 14px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}.style3 { font-size: 12px; color: #0000CC; font-weight: bold;}--></style></head><body><xmlsrc="data.xml"id="xmldso"async="false"></xml><xmlsrc="data1.xml"id="xmldso1"async="false"></xml><p class="style1">GPS Coordinate (RSO) & Derived Information</p><tabledatasrc="#xmldso1"width="100%"border="0"><tr align="left"><td class="style2">Project Name : <span datafld="Name"></span></td></tr><tr align="left"><td class="style2">Project Area : <span datafld="area"></span></td><tr align="left"></tr><td class="style2">Project Date : <span datafld="date"></span></td></tr></table><p class="style1"></p><tabledatasrc="#xmldso"width="100%"border="1"><thead><th>No.</th><th>Station No</th><th>Tree Id</th><th>X Coordinate</th><th>Y Coordinate</th><th>Z Value</th><th>Species</th><th>Height</th><th>Dbh</th><th>Volume</th><th>Remark</th></thead><tr align="left"><td><span datafld="No"></span></td><td><span datafld="Station"></span></td><td><span datafld="Tree"></span></td><td><span datafld="X_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Y_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Z_value"></span></td><td><span datafld="Species"></span></td><td><span datafld="Height"></span></td><td><span datafld="Dbh"></span></td><td><span datafld="Volume"></span></td><td><span datafld="Remark"></span></td></tr></table><p class="style2">ASSIST Generated Report</p></body></html>-----------------------
I got the same question.I made a submit orm with coffeecup form builder and it works under firefox but not under IE9????Only error I get in Firefox is the following :Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /customers/c/8/f/karfil.be/httpd.www/registered.php:1) in /customers/c/8/f/karfil.be/httpd.www/registered.php on line 4In IE9 it's just a white screen and says "form object".Any solutions?

There is no such thing as an <xml> element in HTML. It looks like you're using Internet Explorer's old "XML data islands" approach. You should be using Javascript to load the XML document, or PHP even. Here's a page explaining why not to use data islands: http://w3schools.com/xml/xml_dont.aspAbout the session_start() problem, it just means that you have already printed some content before calling the session_start() function. Make sure that session_start() is the first thing in your script.

Dear Ingolme,I already create the new html file and the code as below-----------------------<html><head><script type="text/javascript" src="loadxmldoc.js"> </script></head><body><script type="text/javascript">xmlDoc=loadXMLDoc("data.xml");x=xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName('Species');for (i=0;i<x.length;i++){document.write(x.childNodes[0].nodeValue);document.write("<br />");}</script></body></html>-----------------------I also already have the "loadxmldoc.js" file which I copied from the example. The problem is now I unable to load the html page at all.When I load using IE the page I get this error at the IE status bar "Done, but errors on the page"The file location of "loadxmldoc.js" , html & xml file in same folder.I open the html file from the choosing the file and not using any webserver.I still not sure where I did wrong.Thanks

Have you looked at a detailed description of the errors on the page? Double-click on the "Done, but errors on the page" icon and it will give you details of the error.

Dear IngolmeBelow is the error that I get-----------------Line: 12Char: 1Error: Access is deniedCode:0URL:File://c:/test1.html---------------------
HTTP requests on the local filesystem are likely denied due to security reasons. You'll have to test it in a server environment. Also, the target file must be on the same domain as the file that's performing the request.

HTTP requests on the local filesystem are likely denied due to security reasons. You'll have to test it in a server environment. Also, the target file must be on the same domain as the file that's performing the request.
Is there any other method that I can use to display the xml data as I did during using IE6?

Archived