Random Lag Issues

Kovo

I have an online browser game hosted on a VPS.For a while now, there seems to be a certain period of time in the day where page loads/requests take extra long to execute. Some ajax calls that normally take 200ms to complete take 10-20-60 seconds to complete.These lag issues seem to go away within a few minutes or are sporadic within a 1 to 2 hour timeframe.I profile all scripts and log query execution times etc... (not per request, every 400-600 requests or so)I noticed that a couple of nights ago, a query to the mysql server took 27 seconds to complete when historically it took microseconds. Any one have any clues as to what is causing these lag spikes?Thank you!

I have an online browser game hosted on a VPS.For a while now, there seems to be a certain period of time in the day where page loads/requests take extra long to execute. Some ajax calls that normally take 200ms to complete take 10-20-60 seconds to complete.These lag issues seem to go away within a few minutes or are sporadic within a 1 to 2 hour timeframe.I profile all scripts and log query execution times etc... (not per request, every 400-600 requests or so)I noticed that a couple of nights ago, a query to the mysql server took 27 seconds to complete when historically it took microseconds. Any one have any clues as to what is causing these lag spikes?Thank you!
Heavy traffic on the server somewhere.. maybe

On the game itself, the lag spikes occur during on and off hours.
I can imagine what if your ajax takes some extra time loading you will get some lag cause the rest of the script will have to wait until loaded.

Archived