border question

jimfog

Go to this site here: http://www.korakeiko.com/ it is in Greek so you will not understand what it is saying-.Scroll down and you will see a clock.In the left of the clock there is a poll running.As you see, in the left and right of it, there is dotted(red) border.My q is the following.Since the border is applied in the same element WHY the right one is a little bit higher(look closely) than the left one.It does not make sense.Thanks.

The border itself isn't higher, it's just the placement of the dots within the border. I believe that the dots are printed around the object, so the right and bottom borders will change as you change the width and height of the box. Different browsers may implement this differently.If you're really interested in placing the dots right for Firefox, you can try slowly adjusting the width of the box until the dots are properly placed. Another idea is to place one border on the left of the clock container and the other one on the poll so that they're both on the same side and rendered the same.

The border itself isn't higher, it's just the placement of the dots within the border. I believe that the dots are printed around the object, so the right and bottom borders will change as you change the width and height of the box. Different browsers may implement this differently.If you're really interested in placing the dots right for Firefox, you can try slowly adjusting the width of the box until the dots are properly placed. Another idea is to place one border on the left of the clock container and the other one on the poll so that they're both on the same side and rendered the same.
Changing the width does not improve the situation-changing the height does.The second solution you propose, also, can fix the problem.I will see which solution i am going to use after all, both seem beneficial.Thanks

Archived