is Domain.com considered a link?

jingjoenie

Hello, I have another question, seemed very simple to you guys but for me it's complicated and confusing. My question is, when you say www.domain.com, this is a website, yeah and considered a link as well. But when you just say 'domain.com', is this considered as a link also?

I consider a link to be anything actionable, i.e. a URL in an email or an IM that you can actually click on to take you somewhere. When said in conversation, I would just consider it to be a (web)site.

I consider a link to be anything actionable, i.e. a URL in an email or an IM that you can actually click on to take you somewhere. When said in conversation, I would just consider it to be a (web)site.
Hello thescientist, thanks for the reply, but got question, how about when you insert it in an article, is it considered a link? :)

www.domain.com, this is a website, yeah and considered a link as well
No. So the answer to your second question is also no.www.domain.com is a URL.domain.com is a URL.Under most normal circumstances, they point to the same resource. An HTML link (that is, a <a> element) can assign a URL to its href attribute. But only an <a> element can properly be considered a link.Something tells me you are asking about something different and having a hard time coming up with the correct words. If I am right, please explain using different words what you really want to know.

No. So the answer to your second question is also no.www.domain.com is a URL.domain.com is a URL.Under most normal circumstances, they point to the same resource. An HTML link (that is, a <a> element) can assign a URL to its href attribute. But only an <a> element can properly be considered a link.Something tells me you are asking about something different and having a hard time coming up with the correct words. If I am right, please explain using different words what you really want to know.
Thanks for your reply, made me understand quite well now with regards to web and links. I should say this is "SOLVED". And yes, I am having hard time making up words or should I say "TERMS" or appropriate web terminologies. I am really new to this but VERY MUCH interested to explore and learn more. Hope you guys won't give up on answering my queries re web, links, html, css, and the like. I really appreciate your help..thank you so much :)

Archived