Portfolio / Projects Website

MrFish

I've been working on this for about a week and a half. I needed a portfolio site for freelancing but I also wanted a website where I can host resources and information about projects I work on. So the site is geared mostly toward that. It has also has a news/blog-like section that I've created from scratch. The site can be viewed here-http://micahwilliamson.com/It doesn't validate very well and has a lot of attributes that aren't considered w3 compliant but works with all browsers I've tested (Chrome, FF, Safari, IE 7 & 8, Opera).I've noticed since I've added some social network buttons it's gotten considerably slower on page startup. Not sure if that's just me or other people see it. I think I'll have to change them anyway because they don't conform well and seem to jump around at times as if whatever js it's loading resizes it on page load (which gives it a split second where it's out of place or has the wrong size).Anyway- any and all comments/critiques are much appreciated!

I've been working on this for about a week and a half. I needed a portfolio site for freelancing but I also wanted a website where I can host resources and information about projects I work on. So the site is geared mostly toward that. It has also has a news/blog-like section that I've created from scratch. The site can be viewed here-http://micahwilliamson.com/It doesn't validate very well and has a lot of attributes that aren't considered w3 compliant but works with all browsers I've tested (Chrome, FF, Safari, IE 7 & 8, Opera).I've noticed since I've added some social network buttons it's gotten considerably slower on page startup. Not sure if that's just me or other people see it. I think I'll have to change them anyway because they don't conform well and seem to jump around at times as if whatever js it's loading resizes it on page load (which gives it a split second where it's out of place or has the wrong size).Anyway- any and all comments/critiques are much appreciated!
This looks great :) Only thing I can think of is what it would be a lot nicer if you used your own design on the social networks buttons so it would fit with your template.

Archived