Label supression in <ol>

tmgolz

I'm a writer not an HTML jock, but I have converted a book to EPUB. Now trying MOBI and hit a snag. Am trying for a list of paragraphs each one separated by about a half line of space, all with even left margin and zero indent, and with every 3rd or 4th one having a label for that group of paragraphs as A, B, C, etc.In my book it's not a problem, for EPUB I defined a CSS with two paragraph types (I get half line by using margin: .3em), one with text-indent: 0em; and the other text-indent: -1.5em; and it works! BUT MOBI doesn't understand -1.5em! I am now playing with <ol> and trying to define two types of <li> trying to supress the A, B, C, etc. in one of them. I looked in the tutorial and don't see: negative indents, half lines, defining <li> elements like you would a <p>, or supressing a label ("" doesn't work). Help. Anyone know how I get what I want?Thanks

I'm not sure what EPUB and MOBI are.
EPUB is the e-reader format used by the nook and by most public library systems. MOBI is the format used by Kindle and Amazon. And both are basicly web site html complete with CSS, images, etc. just zipped in a shell. It is just that they have their little weirdnesses. My problem is not knowing exactly what is doable with even the standard html. I do editing and changing on my web site www.Truth-Seeker.co without messing things up, but didn't write the original code so don't know all the subtleties. A paragraph definition approach using a {text-indent: -1.5em; margin-left: 1.8em} for a labeled paragraph and a {text-indent: 0em; margin-left: 1.8em} for the other paragraphs worked for the EPUB.Again, I am wanting a while list of paragraphs, all even, no indents, each separated by a half line, and every 3rd or 4th one having a A,B,C, etc in front of it to label a group.Thanks, TMG

Archived