JQUERY .clone() with css

radish

Hey all.I recently posted a problem I was having with loading XML using javascript/Jquery as DOM elements into my website dynamically.Now the page is loading my XML content fine but for some reason it isn't treating the nodes as html nodes.my XML is laid out theoretically like this

<page>	<section>		 <h2>lorem ipsum</h2>		 <p>lorem ipsum</p>	</section></page>

I am using html5 elements and they are showing up properly in firebug when i check the document

<div id="main">   <section>		 <h2>lorem ipsum</h2>		 <p>lorem ipsum</p>   <section></div>

However my problem is that objects that are cloned using the .clone() method in my code won't have the default browser css applied to them.instead i have to hard code the styling in css for every object I clone in order for that object to have any css.is there any way I can apply the default css to these DOM objects without hard coding the css for every single element that i load dynamically?this is the code i'm using to clone() the XML objects.

function loadPage(pageName) {	// TESTING TO GET XML CONTENT	$("div#main").append( $(XML_DOC).find("page#" + pageName).children().clone(true) );}

This is a legacy page I created that my website will default too in case javascript or xml don't work.This is how the content is supposed to look5890638864_4f5d3bca80.jpgthis is how it shows up when using .clone() from an XML object.5890071335_02029b3e8e.jpg

This is a legacy page I created that my website will default too in case javascript or xml don't work.This is how the content is supposed to look5890638864_4f5d3bca80.jpgthis is how it shows up when using .clone() from an XML object.5890071335_02029b3e8e.jpg
bump anyone any ideas?

Archived