form tag within a div tag?

helloise

can i have the above? my code looks like this:i have this code in a foreach loop which displays a list of uniquecode links and when i click on a link the messageDiv elements must display

<a href="#<?php echo $id; ?>" id="profilelink" name="profilelink" value="<?php echo $id."/".$blocked_record; ?>" onClick="viewornot('<?php echo $id."/".$blocked_record; ?>',this)"><?php echo $uniqueCode; ?></a><div id="messageDiv_<?php echo $id; ?>"  style="display:none"> 	<form id="message_area_<?php echo $id; ?>" style="display:none">		  <textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="20" id="message"></textarea>		  <input type="submit" value="Send" onClick='return sendmail()'>		  <input type="reset" value="Cancel" name="reset" onclick="cancelMsgBox()"></input>		  <br />	</form></div>

then i have my JS for viewornot:

function viewornot(blocked_status,link)  {	 var id = blocked_status.split('/')[0];	 mailid = id;	 var e = confirm('Do you want to view this profile?');	 //some more code here  	 if(e2)	{		 var div=document.getElementById('messageDiv_'+id);		 div.style.display='block';   	}	return false  }

in the if above how can i use parent and child nodes to have messageDiv display under the link i clicked?? as it is now it just displays the messageDiv under the first link even though i clicked on the lats one???my form id is unique so is the div idplease help?thanks

can i have the above? my code looks like this:i have this code in a foreach loop which displays a list of uniquecode links and when i click on a link the messageDiv elements must display
<a href="#<?php echo $id; ?>" id="profilelink" name="profilelink" value="<?php echo $id."/".$blocked_record; ?>" onClick="viewornot('<?php echo $id."/".$blocked_record; ?>',this)"><?php echo $uniqueCode; ?></a><div id="messageDiv_<?php echo $id; ?>"  style="display:none"> 	<form id="message_area_<?php echo $id; ?>" style="display:none">		  <textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="20" id="message"></textarea>		  <input type="submit" value="Send" onClick='return sendmail()'>		  <input type="reset" value="Cancel" name="reset" onclick="cancelMsgBox()"></input>		  <br />	</form></div>

then i have my JS for viewornot:

function viewornot(blocked_status,link)  {	 var id = blocked_status.split('/')[0];	 mailid = id;	 var e = confirm('Do you want to view this profile?');	 //some more code here  	 if(e2)	{		 var div=document.getElementById('messageDiv_'+id);		 div.style.display='block';   	}	return false  }

in the if above how can i use parent and child nodes to have messageDiv display under the link i clicked?? as it is now it just displays the messageDiv under the first link even though i clicked on the lats one???my form id is unique so is the div idplease help?thanks

where does e2 come from? I don't get why you are creating the mailid variable either, when you only end up using id. Are you checking for errors at all though?

Archived