adding elements dynamically

mdeepthi.89

I'm new to XML and XSL.my XMl source is :<root> <row> <id> <name> </row> <row> <id> <name></row></root>I want my output as:<root> <user>abc</user> <created date>23-05-2011</created date> <row> <id> <name> </row> <row> <id> <name></row></root>So How do I create a new node which is not there in the source XMl and also could you please tell me how can i get the current date.Thanks a lot.

What you have posted as the "XML" source is not even well-formed XML so it is hard to tell what you want to achieve.Try whether

<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"  version="2.0">  <xsl:template match="@* | node()">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()"/>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template><xsl:template match="root">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>	<user>abc</user>	<date-created>	  <xsl:value-of select="format-date(current-date( ), '[D01]-[M01]-[Y0001]')"/>	</date-created>	<xsl:apply-templates/>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

That is an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet you can run with XSLT 2.0 processors like Saxon 9 or AltovaXML or XQSharp.

What you have posted as the "XML" source is not even well-formed XML so it is hard to tell what you want to achieve.Try whether
<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"  version="2.0">  <xsl:template match="@* | node()">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()"/>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template><xsl:template match="root">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>	<user>abc</user>	<date-created>	  <xsl:value-of select="format-date(current-date( ), '[D01]-[M01]-[Y0001]')"/>	</date-created>	<xsl:apply-templates/>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

That is an XSLT 2.0 stylesheet you can run with XSLT 2.0 processors like Saxon 9 or AltovaXML or XQSharp.

I'm sorry about that.I will to rephrase my question.How do i create a node in my output xml file which does not exist in source xml file.

Archived