using javascript to make adding new content easier

dubesinhower

i'm making a personal site so i can share websites that i think are cool to the web. i need to make some sort of simple content management system, so each time i add a new link, i don't have to restyle the whole site. also, it would be a way to archive old links.i want to be able to display 5 links at a time, starting with the newest one. when i add a new one, the old ones move down a spot, with all the old links (after the 5th one on the page) going to the next page.to aid in visualizing what i mean, take a look at the page currently. there is no javascript yet, just basic html and css for 5 links stylized the way i eventually would like them to look.Pretty Cool Linksi'm not sure how i should go about doing this. i don't want something overly complicated, but i'm sure what i want is not possible to do using html and css alone.if anyone has any ideas, i would be really appreciative :)thanks in advanced!

Actually, you want a 2 or 3-part system. One where you enter the links information, one where you store the information on your server, and possibly one where your document extracts the information from your server to prepare the document for downloading. 2 and 3 could possibly be combined.Entering the data might not require any JavaScript at all. You might need just a formOn the server, your going to need some server-side scripting skills, using a language like PHP. Do you have a server-side skillset? The next step will depend on it.

Actually, you want a 2 or 3-part system. One where you enter the links information, one where you store the information on your server, and possibly one where your document extracts the information from your server to prepare the document for downloading. 2 and 3 could possibly be combined.Entering the data might not require any JavaScript at all. You might need just a formOn the server, your going to need some server-side scripting skills, using a language like PHP. Do you have a server-side skillset? The next step will depend on it.
not really, but i have a lot of free time lol. ive messed around with some lamp pre-packaged stuff though.

Archived