Search Engines

woodsy13

Was wondering what I need to do to get a website to show up in any search engines (Google or Binq)? I had submitted the website to both search engines according to the W3Schools website and have also put in the correct Meta Tag information. I'm also aware that KEYWORDS in the Meta Tags are not used by most search engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Your site is probably already indexed in the search engines. but in order to get it to show up at a better part of the results (1st page) you should have good notions of SEO an apply them properly.take a look at this articleand search the web for SEO good practices http://www.google.com/search?q=SEO+good+practices

Your site is probably already indexed in the search engines. but in order to get it to show up at a better part of the results (1st page) you should have good notions of SEO an apply them properly.take a look at this articleand search the web for SEO good practices http://www.google.com/search?q=SEO+good+practices
Thanks for the Info.... I'll check it out and see what happens....

Thanks for the Info.... I'll check it out and see what happens....
OK... I'm Lost at this.... I believe I have everything that would help but still having a problem.... Not sure if the Meta Tags are correct or placed in the appropriate place....Here is the website: www.kewcustomdesigns.com

If you haven't linked to the site from anywhere, then search engines will not know of its existence.

Apply the H.E.A.R.T Rule (honest, exclusive, accurate, and timely)HONESTDon't use SEO dirty tricks, instead use an honest SEO tricks such as White hat.EXCLUSIVEAvoid duplicate contents.ACCURATEmake sure that you are not submitting broken links for link building.RELEVANT use relevant Keywords and key phrases that your target users are most likely to be using. TIMELYUse social media such as facebook, google +, twitter, youtube etc.

• 1 month later...

It usually takes 2 to 4 weeks for Google to index your site. Yahoo might index it in 1 to 3 weeks. In order to improve your site's placement in the search results, you should list your site in some directories, blogs and press releases sites. Also, you can pay to be listed in several internet directories and pay extra to include your URL, but it's cheaper to find free directories. [Mod edit: Links removed]2 Part Carbonless Forms | 3 Part Carbonless Forms | 4 Part Carbonless Forms | 5 Part Carbonless Forms | Carbonless Form Booklet

• 3 weeks later...
What do you mean by "linked"? We have a link from Facebook and Ebay, if that's what you mean....
Depending on your type of website, you can list it onto different directories. One of my big SEO/SEM projects over the summer was a local gutter and roofing company. There are ton's of free directories that you can submit to, google searches can give you a good recommendation on different sites to use. There is also the part of SEO that doesn't have anything to do with links, your meta tags. Even though Google doesn't use the meta keywords, its still a good idea to include them for other search engines. Also the meta description tag, this weighs heavily, along with your title. The website should have RELEVANT content also, not just a random assortment of different kinds of data. Note: unlike other search engines Google(which is the most popular by far) actually weighs in if the site itself is geared towards the user, not to the search engine. This means that keywords should not be stacked, rather used naturally Hope this helps

Archived