How to check for a 1/2 set, 1/2 variable password?

Guest bsewall

Guest bsewall

I have a clinet that wants to have a semi-generic password to access part of thier site.Basically, say they have a company called Fuji that wants to log-in to the site. Fuji has 1000 employees that need their own password. But instead of entering 1000 passwords in SQL, we want the password checking to accept 'fuji" + a 5-digit number. For example, if one user types fuji12345 it lets them in. Another user would type fuji54321 and it would also let them in.I'm currently an ASP novice and am working my way through updating a client site. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks!Brady

not sure i understand just what you are trying to do...you can store the passwords in a table (db) and in check to see if the user typed in that password........ :)

Hi bsewall,Are you saying that its enough to check that the user enters the password as "fuji+any5digit number" then that doesnt make any sense, But if you need different 5 digit number for each user then you need to store that information in some place to compare, so again Database.If you are in a network why not try "Windows Authentication".