Repeat Nesting record

ibrahimjan

HI ALLI need help with the following code, please excuse my lack of knowledge in asp, I need to repeat a record and pass it to an object as shown, but I cant get the repeat nesting to work correctly, can you please advice, how i can make it work correctly.thank you<%Dim HEADDim Repeat3__numRowsDim Repeat3__indexWhile ((Repeat3__numRows <> 1) AND (NOT text_head.EOF))HEAD = (text_head.Fields.Item("head_TX").Value)Repeat3__index=Repeat3__index+1Repeat3__numRows=Repeat3__numRows-1text_head.MoveNext()Wend%><object type="image/svg+xml" data="/gallery/svg/layout1.svg" width="500" height="640"> <param name="text-label1" value="<%=HEAD%>" /><param name="text-label3" value="<%=HEAD%>" /></object>

Hi I did it this way with the response.write inside the object, but still not paging through the table, its displaying the same row in head_TX??<object type="image/svg+xml" data="/gallery/svg/layout1.svg" width="500" height="640"><%Dim HEADDim Repeat3__numRowsDim Repeat3__indexHEAD = (text_head.Fields.Item("head_TX").Value)While ((Repeat3__numRows <> 1) AND (NOT text_head.EOF))Response.Write "<param name=""text-label1"" value="""& HEAD &""" />"Repeat3__index=Repeat3__index+1Repeat3__numRows=Repeat3__numRows-1text_head.MoveNext()Wend%></object>

Now you moved HEAD out of the loop. The line where you assign HEAD, and the line where output HEAD, both need to be inside the loop. The loop is supposed to get the new value and write it out, not one or the other. In your first piece of code you were getting all of the values, but then writing only one, and in the second version you only get one value, then write it out several times. The loop needs to both get the value, and write it.

Archived