Newby here PHP related Questions

lilcali

I am trying to create an HTML form (please forgive me if I dont use correct terminology... I am VERY new!).Basically I want the information to be sent to MYSQL server using PHP. To connect to this server using Dreamweaver 8, do I have to first create my table, then link my fields?

It's a pretty complex matter if you're relatively new.I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to an offsite tutorial, but this here page will get you started.If you know nothing about PHP yet try this tutorial. These two pages got me halfway to where I am now, in just two or three weeks, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.Make sure your host supports php/mysql.

It's a pretty complex matter if you're relatively new.I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to an offsite tutorial, but this here page will get you started.If you know nothing about PHP yet try this tutorial. These two pages got me halfway to where I am now, in just two or three weeks, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.Make sure your host supports php/mysql.

Thanks for the help. It taught me alot but not quite what I was looking for.I did find out from my provider that they gave me the wrong Server. What I really need to learn is ASP which that site also offers. So again, you helped.