Twitter widget problems

niwuc

Hi all,I've been trying to get a twitter widget onto my site. I'm using the one provided by twitter. The problem is, no matter what I set for dimensions, the widget remains the same size. If I choose something very drastic, such as 10px by 10px, the widget changes to a slightly longer and thinner version, always the same. I have the javascript positioned in a div tag. Currently using dreamweaver to build my page.Thanks.If this is in the wrong forum. I apologize

Most likely you're setting the width of the container rather than the object itself. Look for the specific twitter object. It possibly is generated with Javascript, and in that case you need to find a way to access that element with CSS. It might have an inline style so you might have to use the !important rule.

Most likely you're setting the width of the container rather than the object itself. Look for the specific twitter object. It possibly is generated with Javascript, and in that case you need to find a way to access that element with CSS. It might have an inline style so you might have to use the !important rule.
On the twitter webpage, you are able to set the dimensions before grabbing the code. When I paste the code into dreamweaver, I can then tweak the dimensions from there. I've been fooling around, but to no avail. I've tried changing the dimensions of the table, or leaving it with no dimensions at all etc.

On the twitter webpage, you are able to set the dimensions before grabbing the code. When I paste the code into dreamweaver, I can then tweak the dimensions from there. I've been fooling around, but to no avail. I've tried changing the dimensions of the table, or leaving it with no dimensions at all etc.
Here is a code for the table in which the div tag and js are contained<td colspan="6" rowspan="4"><div id="twitter_widget"><script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script><script>new TWTR.Widget({ version: 2, type: 'profile', rpp: 4, interval: 6000, width: '213', height: 193, theme: { shell: { background: '#333333', color: '#ffffff' }, tweets: { background: '#000000', color: '#ffffff', links: '#4aed05' } }, features: { scrollbar: false, loop: false, live: false, hashtags: true, timestamp: true, avatars: false, behavior: 'all' }}).render().setUser('D3Combat').start();</script></div></td>I've been trying to change the width and height in this part of the code.

Here is a code for the table in which the div tag and js are contained##CUT## width: '213', height: 193,##CUT##I've been trying to change the width and height in this part of the code.
i believe that difference is the problem

I don't believe the quotes would make much of a difference, since Javascript casts types without any trouble but it could be worth a try to correct that.

Archived