Php Content and menu

Sibkis

Gidday I am not quite sure what this is call but I have built a template using php and youtube I haveused includes to call the content <?php include_once "info.php";?> <?php include_once "menu.php";?> etc what I would like to do is if a user select a product or service only that information is shown.service designarchitectengineeringif a user select design than the design <?php include_once "designinfo.php";?> is diplayed.I think it's an elseif statement.

Gidday I am not quite sure what this is call but I have built a template using php and youtube I haveused includes to call the content <?php include_once "info.php";?> <?php include_once "menu.php";?> etc what I would like to do is if a user select a product or service only that information is shown.service designarchitectengineeringif a user select design than the design <?php include_once "designinfo.php";?> is diplayed.I think it's an elseif statement.
try this one sir i thinks this is the code you've been searchingindex.php
<a href="index.php">Home</a><br><a href="index.php?page=second">2nd Page</a><br><a href="index.php?page=another">Another Page</a><?phpif(isset($_GET['page'])){include($_GET['page'].'.php');}else{?><h1>HOME</h1><p>HOME CONTENT</p><?php}?>

second.php (this is for the second page)

<h1>Second Page</h1>Second Page content Test test test test test test :)

:)

include($_GET['page'].'.php');

PLEASE do not try this. Any half-intelligent child who figures out what you're doing can set up a very simple brute-force attack system that will attempt to execute files all over your server, including files that should only be executed in special circumstances. Files that you have deliberately hidden from normal HTTP access will also be exposed.

PLEASE do not try this. Any half-intelligent child who figures out what you're doing can set up a very simple brute-force attack system that will attempt to execute files all over your server, including files that should only be executed in special circumstances. Files that you have deliberately hidden from normal HTTP access will also be exposed.
can you give us alternate for that sir? or its fine to navigate all the pages in one php file?

can you give us alternate for that sir? or its fine to navigate all the pages in one php file?
Use Switch Case Statementexample
<?php <a href="?p=page1">page1</a> | <a href="?p=page2">page2</a> | <a href="?p=page3">page3</a>$x=isset($_GET['p'])?$_GET['p']:"";switch($x){	case"page1":include("page1.php");break;	case"page2":include("page2.php");break;	case"page3":include("page3.php");break;			default:echo"Nopage is selected Yet";}?>

Hope This Will Help You

Use Switch Case Statementexample
<?php <a href="?p=page1">page1</a> | <a href="?p=page2">page2</a> | <a href="?p=page3">page3</a>$x=isset($_GET['p'])?$_GET['p']:"";switch($x){	case"page1":include("page1.php");break;	case"page2":include("page2.php");break;	case"page3":include("page3.php");break;			default:echo"Nopage is selected Yet";}?>

Hope This Will Help You

i think it will be the same as i posted mine? can it be safe?

i think it will be the same as i posted mine? can it be safe?
no. in your example you were literally using the value of the p member in the $_GET array as the page to include. In the example given to you, a switch statement is created to make a map of possible $_GET values to pages to include. The value itself is not being used, only to make an association. That is the (big) difference.

no. in your example you were literally using the value of the p member in the $_GET array as the page to include. In the example given to you, a switch statement is created to make a map of possible $_GET values to pages to include. The value itself is not being used, only to make an association. That is the (big) difference.
i think it is possible in if else statement? which one will be safest to use? it is still the switch?

there's really no difference. What I was trying to explain to you was the difference between using the value directly vs. making a mapping. The security concern was that you were using a user inputted value $_GET['p'] to call your page directly.

there's really no difference. What I was trying to explain to you was the difference between using the value directly vs. making a mapping. The security concern was that you were using a user inputted value $_GET['p'] to call your page directly.
can you suggest sir which better code for navigating the pages?or can you take a look how they navigate this page..demo blog

like thescintist said..Using the switch case is more secure. if you look into switch case strcuture it is restriciting the include. it will include only it matches.suppose user pass somepage.php?p='/webroot/someRestrictedFile.php'include($_GET['p']);so it will let the script include that restricted file which is not supposed to be included. where sswitch case wont let it be included it will just throw you to the default block. switch case is basicly is filtering the user input. all external input should be filtered.

Archived