What a *anchor!!

dooberry

Hi guys,I'm having some trouble. I don't want to use a button or an image for what I'm doing so I thought an anchor would solve the problem (except it doesn't). :) I need some text to trigger a function on my web page when it is clicked. I tries using an anchor without a URL attached to it, but it behaves as normal text and doesn't do anything.my code is:

<a onclick="function()">click here for something to happen</a>

I assume it's because the anchor is empty. Is there another tag I can use?

There is a spoon!!! It's there! I can see it in your hand! No spoon - pah!!!!!
Can anyone help please?Dooberry

Well, next time, to promote cross browser, make sure you have 'java script:' in front of the function.

<a onclick="javascript:function()">click here for something to happen</a>

Thanks for the tips, they're always useful.We all know that Billy Gates is taking over the world though so it's only a matter of time before IE is the only browser you can get for your Xbox PC multimedia station complete with integral wallpaper!! :)I'm still a newbie really, just a busy one.

Remember that the anchor does in IE seem to do something it doesn't do in other browsers, so you can also use <span> if you want, which does not do anything at all exept binding some content into one element :)

Besides, images won't load after you clicked an anchor untill the next page is loaded.And last, an anchor wo'nt be recognised as so ever by IE, if it hasn't a HREF attribute specified :) It disables click :)<span> would be the best sollution I think :)