H1-h6 headings using css css

jimfog

Is there a way that i can give to a text, heading1-6 style using css?I am talking about the common h1-h6 html tags.Using css, is there a code that is the equivalent of the above tags?If for example i wish to make a sentence heading1 what css code i will use?I do not think there is such code.Or else, H1, with what point size is equal?I found this site here with relevant info:h tags info What do you think?

That looks about right. Your CSS would look something like this:

.header_one {   font-weight: bold;   font-size: 24pt;}

You HTML might look like this:

<p class="header_one">HELLO</p>

If you need to adjust the size, just change the number of points.

FWIW, please consider downloading or linking to this image. 120px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png It is already 120px wide.
wrong thread hombre... :)

why don't you want to use a heading tag if that's the style your looking for?
I do not want to mess with inline css, it confuses me, better having all the css code in an external file.

I do not want to mess with inline css, it confuses me, better having all the css code in an external file.
:) What does inline CSS have to do with using a heading tag? If you want a large bolded heading, use a heading tag. There's nothing to do with inline CSS (or embedded or external for that matter).

Is there a way that i can give to a text, heading1-6 style using css?I am talking about the common h1-h6 html tags.Using css, is there a code that is the equivalent of the above tags?
I think you maybe a bit confused about this, but you can style headings in CSS without having to apply inline styles or even a class or ID to them for example.CSS:
h1 {font-size: 16px;}h2 {font-size: 14px;}

right, but why would having to style a heading tag require inline styling? You do know you can target elements specifically, right?
h1{  font-size: 20px;  font-weight : bold;}

right, but why would having to style a heading tag require inline styling? You do know you can target elements specifically, right?
h1{  font-size: 20px;  font-weight : bold;}

I am using joomla and some classes are already set by it,these, do not contain h1 tags etc.I did not want to "play" with the html(adding h1-h6 tags) so i used the present classes to make the styling.Thanks for reminding me though the above code.

Archived