Suggestions for my website (www.eduardlid.com?

eduard

Hi,I am writing you something about myself, because there are a lot of misunderstandings!I already decided in 2004 to move to Chile, because I wasn´t happy in the Netherlands (suffered from depressions, too much stress, overcrowded, etc.).Why Chile? I spoke spanish (which is very different from chilean!), I wanted to leave Europe, cleaner air (hardly air pollution), much more space, much more nature, etc.).After having been in Chile on holidays 4 times, I definitively moved to this country in 2008! So I live now almost 3 years in Chile and it has been a very hard time! Also because there is a lot of mistrust and many prejudiges here! But I am now completely intergrated in the chilean society!I am disabled (I was in a wheelchair; now I walk (with a walker!). I applied for jobs more than 600 times, but also there is a lot discrimination here, so I did not get a job. That is why I registed at W3Schools, because I thought that if I make a website nobody will see me!But there is a big difference! W3Schools until may of 2011; I lived in my previous house- where I suffered from a lot of stress-especially when the daughter came to live next door! In june of 2011 I moved to my current house and it is much more relaxed here!However, this week I had another argument with my brothers! They will not send me more money!So I have to earn money of my website (www.eduardlid.com)!Therefore any SUGGESTIONS are welcome!

Most people earn money off a website because they can already provide a product or service. The web just makes it easier to communicate and make transactions with customers.Sometimes customers or advertisers will pay for CONTENT on a website (like articles, blogs, comics, art.) but the content needs to be GOOD. It may also take several years to develop enough of a following that advertising will pay.

Most people earn money off a website because they can already provide a product or service. The web just makes it easier to communicate and make transactions with customers.Sometimes customers or advertisers will pay for CONTENT on a website (like articles, blogs, comics, art.) but the content needs to be GOOD. It may also take several years to develop enough of a following that advertising will pay.
Thanks for your answer! The product I want to offer is database (I´m still studying it!).What I would like to know (technically!): How can I improve my website in such a way that it looks more professional?

Thanks for your answer! The product I want to offer is database (I´m still studying it!).What I would like to know (technically!): How can I improve my website in such a way that it looks more professional?
you have to learn (x)html and css which will not take you more than 3 months... for me, i learnt (x)html and css withing two months and i believe if u realy want to learn it, u may even be good in both courses withing a month, since you already know some of the basics.

I think you should put a logo, or at least the page name in the header of your site. It doesn't appear until the footer. Also the page has very little written content. It would be better if you had an explanation of what services you offer in the main content area. You should put your contact details or a form on the site so people have a way to contact you.

I think you should put a logo, or at least the page name in the header of your site. It doesn't appear until the footer. Also the page has very little written content. It would be better if you had an explanation of what services you offer in the main content area. You should put your contact details or a form on the site so people have a way to contact you.
Thank you very much!

I´ve been thinking on it! If I write next to my name: webdesign and database development? How about that? And is a logo necessary?

It's hard to find a business that doesn't have a logo. If you don't have access to an image editor, you could create a fake logo with an interesting background and a large font.
Ok, thanks!

And in the bottom of all your pages, you can add DONATE BUTTON that will link to your paypal account. The link are for those who like you service(s) and wish to help in a little way.
Thanks! However, Paypal they don´t know in Chile, but I´m going to offer my services world wide!

Archived