PHP+SQL Issue

haseebahmed

What this Code does is that it helps you achieve Facebok/Twitter Style Pagination. Running Part 1 it loads First 3 ROWS of the MySQL database. Running Part 2 loads the next 3 ROWS of the database. Then you can run Part 2 as many times as you want & it would always load the next 3 ROWS of the database.The Normal Code for this is:-

PART1:<?php$query ="SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 3";$result = mysqli_query($dbc,$query);while($row=mysqli_fetch_array($result)){$row_id=$row['id'];<!-- SOME CODE TO BE EXECUTED -->}?>PART2:<?php$query ="SELECT * FROM table WHERE id>".$row_id." ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 3";$result = mysqli_query($dbc,$query);while($row=mysqli_fetch_array($result)){$row_id=$row['id'];<!-- SOME CODE TO BE EXECUTED -->}?>

Now in my version of the code. I want to order things according to CPC & CPC can be any integer from 10-1. Part 1 of the code is no issue, but how can i make a Part 2 so that every time the next 3 ROWS from the database are listed?Sample Table:ID -- Name -- Country -- CPC01 -- Jhony -- USA -- 1002 -- Tomy -- UAE -- 703 -- Bond -- UK -- 304 -- Ben10 -- USA -- 805 -- Juliana -- UAE -- 106 -- Medina -- UK -- 5

PART 1:<?php$query ="SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY cpc DESC LIMIT 3";$result = mysqli_query($dbc,$query);while($row=mysqli_fetch_array($result)){$row_id=$row['cpc'];<!-- SOME CODE TO BE EXECUTED -->}?>

Please help as soon as possible :-) Thanks!

hi you need to pass which page you are on and how many you want to view per page and then do something like this:$page = intval($page);if ($page < 1) $page = 1;$start = (($page - 1) * $per_page);then in your SQL you would add this where you set your order:" ORDER BY `table`.`field` LIMIT $start , $per_page ";

hi you need to pass which page you are on and how many you want to view per page and then do something like this:$page = intval($page);if ($page < 1) $page = 1;$start = (($page - 1) * $per_page);then in your SQL you would add this where you set your order:" ORDER BY `table`.`field` LIMIT $start , $per_page ";
Thanks Alot!! This might be just what i wanted :-D Would tryout & let you know :-)EDIT: Thanks Alot! It worked like a charm :-) Moderator can close the thread now.

Archived