Encoding problem

suzie

Dear Friends,I created a database using MSSQL server with collation name:SQL_latin1_Genaral_CP1_CI_AS, and the tables with data types starting with n (ex: ntext, nvarchar...) because the data in the table is in Arabic. the arabic is appearing normally and readable in the tables.but when retreiving the Arabic using PHP with html header:<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">the arabic data it appears as questions mark ?????????????????.Please any suggestions,I need Help....Thanks a lot and Regards

Thanks a lot for your reply, the html page(frontpage.php, charset-utf8) is done in html, that contains arabic data coming from another page called "newslist.php"I set the header in newslist.php " header("Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8"); " still the arabic data appears as questions mark,when I set it to: "header("Content-type: text/html; charset=windows-1256");" it works well...Is it a mtter if the transaction between the pages is done in windows-1256, and the frontpage is in UTF-8??because we need that the site be in UTF-8...How can I check if the server is sending the encoding in the content type????

Archived