flash and replay

smiles

EXCELLENT somethin i can get right!!Make the text saying "Replay"Right click on it and select "Brake Apart" then do the same againPress F8 and convert it to a buttonAdd the script to the button by pressing F9 (i think!)and put

on (release) {gotoAndPlay(1);}

Sorry this is rushed as i have to go out RIGHT NOW!!Hope this helpedEd

Ok...Go to File> Import to Stage > (Select your music file) > OpenClick on the key frame you want to add the music too and use the drop down menu to select the sound 001.jpg(Im using a song i got from newgrounds!)Make sure its on STREAMHope that helpedWhat version of flash you using??Ed

Extreamly good flash :) I think its fine :) But i dont get what u mean :)

well sorry about my bad English :) I means by which way they can make the hair of the girl vibrates :) and one more question : when I import music into flash , the quality of sound is not good , anyway to overcome ? :)

Ummm yer :) Make sure your using .wav or .mp3 files first (I dunno if you can use others :))I havnt ever had problems with sounds :)helpo.jpg^ Flash Help - Might have some answers!!

Importing soundsYou place sound files into Flash by importing them into the library for the current document.NOTE When placing a sound in the Timeline, you place it on a separate layer. For more information, see Adding sounds to a document. You can import the following sound file formats into Flash:WAV (Windows only) AIFF (Macintosh only) MP3 (Windows or Macintosh) If you have QuickTime 4 or later installed on your system, you can import these additional sound file formats:AIFF (Windows or Macintosh) Sound Designer II (Macintosh only) Sound Only QuickTime Movies (Windows or Macintosh) Sun AU (Windows or Macintosh) System 7 Sounds (Macintosh only) WAV (Windows or Macintosh) Flash stores sounds in the library along with bitmaps and symbols. As with graphic symbols, you need only one copy of a sound file to use that sound multiple ways in your document. If you want to share sounds among Flash documents, you can include the sounds in shared libraries. For more information, see Working with common libraries. To use a sound in a shared library, you assign the sound file an identifier string in the Linkage Properties dialog box. The identifier can also be used to access the sound as an object in ActionScript. For information on objects in ActionScript, see Using sounds with Sound objects.Sounds can use considerable amounts of disk space and RAM. However, MP3 sound data is compressed and smaller than WAV or AIFF sound data. Generally, when using WAV or AIFF files, it's best to use 16-bit 22 kHz mono sounds (stereo uses twice as much data as mono), but Flash can import either 8- or 16-bit sounds at sample rates of 11, 22, or 44 kHz. Flash can convert sounds to lower sample rates on export. For more information, see Compressing sounds for export.NOTE Sounds recorded in formats that are not multiples of 11 kHz (such as 8, 32, or 96 kHz) are resampled when imported into Flash. If you want to add effects to sounds in Flash, it's best to import 16-bit sounds. If you have limited RAM, keep your sound clips short or work with 8-bit sounds instead of 16-bit sounds.
That help?To make the girls hair swing maybe create a movie clip of the hair swaying it and adding it to the main animation in a layer?? :blink:

:) No ideaThe movie clip for the hair would proberly be 1 sybol with a variaty of layers in it :)

Well I can't see the movie but are you asking how to make a girls hair swing from left to right and have it keep doing that, without stopping? If so I can help with that. Just tell me if that's what you want to do. Also, I would suggest ALWAYS using mp3 files for sound because from my experience .wav files have destroyed loading time on a movie and make it very slow to play. However, sometimes .mp3 files will come out of place in a movie and the sound won't match the movie, so test it and edit the movie where you need to in order to make it fit with the sound. That's what I do usually to make sure it doesn't look like bad lip syncing.

Well to just make a girls hair go side to side endlessly just make it a seperate movie clip :) Thats pretty easy right

If you need help making the animation of the girls hair swing don't even bother reading all of this. Tell me and I will do my best to walk you through a guide to making a girls hair swing. I'm working on a tutorial now for that.OK. I don't know your experience in flash so I am going to explain like I am explaing it step by step. Please don't assume I think you are dumb but sometimes, even with me, it's the simple stuff I miss that messes me up.Here are the things I am assuming you know. What the timeline is and how to know what frame you are on. How to use motion tweens. How to use hotkeys (such as control+s for saving) when I tell you to.I'm sure if you can use flash you know these things, but I figured i'd let you know anyways, just in case.Press F8. A window will pop up called Convert to Symbol. If your F8 button deosn't work this way then at the menus at the top of the screen choose Modify > Convert to SymbolIn this window, There will be three options you can choose from, Movie Clip, Button, and Graphic. Choose the Movie Clip option, name it what you please in the text box called Name: and STOP! You will see something called registration next to these along with 9 small white squares in 3 rows. One square will be black. Make sure the black square is the middle one, and if it isn't, click on the middle square to make it so. Now press OK. Now you are in the movie clip. Now a simple explenation of a movie clip. Basically a movie clip is an animation with it's own timeline. Meaning it deosn't depend on the main timeline to work or play. It is a timeline itself, used for animations such as making an animation repeat while things on the main timeline still move and change. Now, make the animation of the girls hair swinging on the timeline. If you don't know how to do this reply and tell me so and i will write a small tutorial for you to make that. Now that you've made the animation. Now remember! The last frame in the timeline should be almost exactly the same as the first so that when we reach the last frame in the movie and it reverts back to the first, it will look consistent and the hair won't be on one side of her head then magically on theer side. Now, click on the very last frame of your animation i nthe time line and MAKE SURE THE FRAME IS SELECTED. Now, press F9 or chooseWindow > Actions A panel at the bottom of the screen titled Actions will open. In the actions panel type the following or copy and paste mine.gotoAndPlay(1)Now, above your timeline you will see something that says Scene 1 and then a wierd little image and next to the image, the name you gave your movie clip (if you didn't name your movie clip it will just be called symbol 1) Click on the words Scene 1. You are now in the main timeline. Press control+L or chooseWindow > Library if your library isn't open. In your library, click on the name of the movie clip you just made and drag it out onto the white part called the stage. Now press control+enter or choose Control > Test Movie.There is your swinging hair! Hope this helped.

thanks that helps much :)

Now, make the animation of the girls hair swinging on the timeline. If you don't know how to do this reply and tell me so and i will write a small tutorial for you to make that.
I need your tutorial but not with the hair of the girl , I am intending to create a person ( the shape of this person is very simple , just some lines to create ) , now I want him to walk , run , jump or fall down , like a challenge of climbing mountain for him according to you should I have each movie clips for each type walk , jump ,run ... :) how can I do ( for example , walk ??? )thanks !!!

You see, this depends greatly on HOW YOU WANT IT TO LOOK. If you want it all to repeat endlessly, just make it one movieclip and make sure you have the last frame look almost the same as the first frame and then put the actionscript in the same way I told you to in the other tutorial. Now. If your problem is you don't know how to animate the person running or jumping, I can do my best to help you with a simple tutorial with pictures. I apologize for the misunderstanding and I want to help you as best as I can. We'll get there with patience. And thank YOU for YOUR patience. It has to be irritating with someone who just deosn't get the point. I am going to go and work on a walking animation tutorial.

I am going to go and work on a walking animation tutorial
so you are like me :) guess who comes first :) anyway , the flash I intend to do is for one person who is special with me , I hope I can make it completely :)

OK two things. 1. Could you tell me your experience in flash and how well you know it?And 2. Do you want to make a realistic animation of a person walking? Such as a 3d model? Because if you are i'd look into programs such as 3d studio max or autodesk viz, however, both are quite expensive. That turoial should be done soon by the way.Also don't mean to butt in on your business, just so i'm understanding you correctly when you say someone who is special to you, do you mean a lover or family member or close freind? You don't need to specify i'm just trying to see if I understand what you're saying.

well , let me see , seems that I started with it from last month , because I 'd like to create web by flash but now I 'd like to create a present by flash for my special friend ... you will know this flash when I finish it :) ... so I don't have any books about flash , maybe i will have it next month , at the moment I use Flash help ... and I think I ' m the best of finding way in the dark :)the person I create is very simple at I say , a round replaces head , lines replace hand , leg , foot ... but my trouble now is , I 'd like to create a string of big texts ( size > 120 ) ... and the texts are moved from right to left ( we only see the head part of the text ), and at last the text becoming small and fill in the flash screen :)

OK i'm at home now so i can;t work on the tutorial but I will tell you what you will need to know to make this animation. The first and biggest thing you'll need to know are Motion Tweens and Shape Tweens. You'll probably need to know how to use layers, witch is easy. Also, what you are referring to by a round is a circle I beleive. For furure reference these are called stick figures. A good thing to do is study other peoples stick figure animations to know how thay make them look when they walk and do other stuff. I will suggest a site to you but you need to know that it is violent, sometimes racist, and generally offensive to most people if you don't have a good sense of humor. The only reason I suggest this site to you though, is because it is a site for stick figures, and you can find a wealth of references here. www.stickdeath.comI warn you because I don';t know you or know what you find funny, so please don't get angry with me if you find this site offending or derrogatory. Thanks, talk to you tomorrow.