SQL Query not working

samerhannoun

Looks like you forgot 'FROM' between the * and timesheet...SELECT * FROM...

HI guys... why this code not working "SELECT * timesheet WHERE YEAR(date) = YEAR(CURDATE()) AND MONTH(date) = MONTH(CURDATE()) ";this SQL statment working fine on the database engine direct, but not working when run it via PHP page???Please any help Thank you in advance.

• 5 weeks later...

i have a problem with sqli'm using this code:

//sql guery         $squl="INSERT INTO 'messages' ('id','name' ,'email' ,'subject' ,'content','userid' )VALUES ( null,'$name',  '$mail',  '$subject',  '$content','');";           //myql query         $quuery=mysql_query($squl) or die("message query problem: ".  mysql_error()); 

the result is : "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''messages' ('id','name' ,'email' ,'subject' ,'content','userid' )VALUES ( null,'' at line 1" what is the problem?! please help me!

i changed it to this : "

//sql guery	  //sql guery	 $squl="INSERT INTO 'messages' ('id','name' ,'email' ,'subject' ,'content','userid' )VALUES ( null,'".$name."',  '".$mail."',  '".$subject."',  '".$content."','');";	  //myql query	 $quuery=mysql_query($squl) or die("message query problem: ".  mysql_error());

Just to add: If one of your values is going to be a number(s), you don't have to have any quotes around that value. For example:

$sql = "INSERT INTO messages (name, email, subject, content, phone) VALUES ('$name', '$mail', '$subject', '$content', $phone)";

Archived