Address Bar Picture

funkyjunky

Hello again!I was wondering...You see the little icon on your browser address line...(looks like the IE explorer "E" on IE6)How do i change that to a custom made one (Like on google.com or newgrounds.com OR maybe even fat-pie.com!!!)I have attached a pic!Edpiccie.jpg

Its called a favicon

How did we add a Favicon to our Web Site?In IE 5 and above, it is possible to customize the little IE icon that shows up in the address field and in the Favorites list of the browser.To create your own customized icon, you can use a FREE icon editor such as IconForge by Favicon.com!Note that:the REQUIRED size of a favicon is 16x16 pixels the icon should not be in more than 16 colors save the icon as favicon.ico Now, add your own customized icon to every catalog on your web site (remember the root catalog).Next time a visitor adds your page to their favorites, they will see your fancy little Favicon next to the text.How does it work? When someone bookmarks your page, Internet Explorer will look for an icon file called "favicon.ico". If you have a file called "favicon.ico" this icon will be placed next to the text, and if not - the standard IE icon will be placed next to the text instead.

WOWThanks for the quick reply scott :) Yer i will get on it asap now!!Cheers again!

David Firth's Website(Creator of such internet classics as Salad Fingers, Burnt Face man and The Sock Episodes 1-3!!)www.burntfaceman.com - BFM Movies!! :) so funny! :)

I have always wondered how to get an icon "there",and I want to try it. But you, Scott, said:- Now, add your own customized icon to every catalog on your web site (remember the root catalog).What/Where is the (root) catalog?

you don't need to add it in every folder, unless you want different ones for different folders...The root is the lowest place users can go... the dir (folder) with your home page.FYI (In FF, when viewing an image, it will put the image in the favicon place.)