Audio Files Overlapping Header In Chrome

agood1

I've been working on my uncle's website all summer, redesigning it. He hasn't changed the layout since 1996, so it was very much needed. Everything is working perfectly fine in Safari and Firefox, but when I view it in Google Chrome, the audio files on two of the pages do something weird. Instead of going underneath the header and footer while scrolling, the play bars are going overtop of them. The mock-up I've been working on is linked below, and I've pasted my CSS as well. Thanks in advance for your help! http://webpub.allegheny.edu/student/G/gooda/sobolov/demos.html (There is no doubt some superfluous coding in the CSS. If you notice it, please let me know. I only just got into CSS this spring.)

body{ background-color:black;background-image:url('bg.png');background-repeat:repeat-y;}div#headerwrap{ position:fixed;top:0;left:0;height:160px;}body>div#headerwrap{ position:fixed;}div#header{ height:160px;width:1024px;margin:0 auto;}div#middlewrap{ padding-top:150px;padding-bottom:75px;padding-left:75px;width:810px;height:auto;}body>div#middlewrap{ margin-left:0;}div#middle{ width:815px;margin:0 auto;}div#images{ left:0px;top:0px;border-style:none;border-width:0px;}body>div#footerwrap{ position:fixed;bottom:0px;left:0px;padding:0px;}div#footerwrap{ margin:0;position:fixed;padding:0px;bottom:0;left:0;height:75px;width:1024px;}p{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:medium;text-align:center;}h4{ color:red;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;text-align:center;}h3{ text-align:center;}blockquote{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;text-align:center;color:red;}a:link{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;color:#FF0000;text-decoration:underline;}a:visited{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;color:#FF0000;}a:hover{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;color:#FF0000;}a:active{ font-family:"Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif;color:#FF0000;}

you might want to consider validating your HTML. The extension I have for Chrome shows a number of markup errors, with non-present closing tags being a majority of them. See if that helps at all.

Archived