Popup Not Working - Code Gen *answered*

danman97

Hi I have continued a second page with a Popup Generator now (http://dl.dropbox.co...Untitled-2.html) but have come across a problem. I get no error but the link just won't open. Short Code:

<!DOCTYPE html><head><script>/*Functions*/function editLink(){var lText= document.getElementById('linkText');var lURL= document.getElementById('linkURL');var lUL= lUL_value();var popH= document.getElementById('popH');var popW= document.getElementById('popW');var taValue= document.getElementById('taHTMLoutput');function lUL_value(){if (document.getElementById('uLine_yes').checked){  return "text-decoration:underline;";} else if (document.getElementById('uLine_no').checked){  return "text-decoration:none;";};};function changeHTML(){return "<a onClick="window.open("" + lURL.value + "","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, copyhistory=yes, width=" + popW.value + ", height=" + popH.value + "");" style="" + lUL + "">" + lText.value + "</a>";};taValue.value= changeHTML();document.getElementById('outputP').innerHTML= "<a onClick="window.open("" + lURL.value + "","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, copyhistory=yes, width=" + popW.value + ", height=" + popH.value + "");" style="" + lUL + "">" + lText.value + "</a>";}</script></head> <body><div id="uberContainer"><table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td><div id="mainContainer"><table align="center"><tr><td><form id="form1" onsubmit="return false;" style="border:1; border:#666"><legend><h3>Popup Details</h3></legend><div id="formContainer"><table><tr><td><label for="linkText">Link Text</label></td><td><input class="inputRight" id="linkText" autofocus="autofocus" placeholder="Mel Jones Photography Ltd." required size="40" type="text" autocomplete="on" /></td></tr> <tr><td><label for="linkURL">Link URL</label></td><td><input type="url" required class="inputRight" id="linkURL" placeholder="http://meljones.info/" autocomplete="on" size="40" /></td></tr><tr><td><label for="uLine">Underline</label></td><td><input id="uLine_yes" type="radio" name="uLine" value="yes" /> Yes <input id="uLine_no" type="radio" name="uLine" value="no" /> No</td></tr><tr><td><label for"linkCol">Colour</label></td><td><input id="linkCol" type="color" disabled /></td><tr><td><label for"popH">Height</label></td><td><input id="popH" placeholder="400" value="400" required type="number" /></td></tr><tr><td><label for"popW">Width</label></td><td><input id="popW" placeholder="600" value="600" required type="number" /></td></tr><tr><td></td><td><button onclick="editLink();">Amend Link!</button></tr></table></div></form></td><td><table><tr><td><h3>Output: </h3></td><td><p id="outputP"></p></td></tr><tr><td>HTML:</td><td><form id="formHTMLoutput"><textarea onClick="select_content('taHTMLoutput');" value="" id="taHTMLoutput"readonly placeholder="The HTML code for the Popup will appear here!"></textarea></form></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></div></td><td width="250px"></td></tr></tbody></table></div></body></html>

Thanks

You've got a mess of quotes here:

return "<a onClick="window.open("" + lURL.value + "","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, copyhistory=yes, width=" + popW.value + ", height=" + popH.value + "");" style="" + lUL + "">" + lText.value + "</a>";

And here:

document.getElementById('outputP').innerHTML= "<a onClick="window.open("" + lURL.value + "","_blank","toolbar=yes, location=yes, directories=no, status=no, menubar=yes, scrollbars=yes, resizable=no, copyhistory=yes, width=" + popW.value + ", height=" + popH.value + "");" style="" + lUL + "">" + lText.value + "</a>"; 

Beyond that, I haven't given a deep look at your code. Those mistakes are enough to ruin a whole application.

Do you mean how the '\' are missing. They dont seem to show on the forum but they are there on the web page. I just checked the Dev Tools and they are there... Or have you found another problem. I just cant find it! :umnik2:

i think inside the onclick=" " you can't use " chars, or ' chars if your using onclick=' ', maybe there is a way to escape them but i'm not sure. try changing:

onClick=\"

to

onClick='

and

);\" style=

to

);' style=

in both lines, so that the characters used to surround the onclick value are different from the characters used to surround the values sent to window.open() and used in style=.

Archived