Add Yesterday's Name On Xml Title

Alec

I am using Birt reporting tool. I was trying to set the date of today in title of a chart.I thought there is a way to do it from the XML Source
Well, yes. If you open up the XML in any text editor, you should be able to find whatever it is that you want there, and just edit it. However, since the XML is supposed to reflect something in Birt, it might be worthwhile to check if there is a way to do what it is you want from the UI.

<Block> <Children xsi:type="layout:TitleBlock"> <Bounds> <Left>0.0</Left> <Top>0.0</Top> <Width>0.0</Width> <Height>0.0</Height> </Bounds> <Insets> <Top>3.0</Top> <Left>3.0</Left> <Bottom>3.0</Bottom> <Right>3.0</Right> </Insets> <Row>-1</Row> <Column>-1</Column> <Rowspan>-1</Rowspan> <Columnspan>-1</Columnspan> <Outline> <Style>Solid</Style> <Thickness>1</Thickness> <Color> <Transparency>255</Transparency> <Red>0</Red> <Green>0</Green> <Blue>0</Blue> </Color> <Visible>false</Visible> </Outline> <Visible>true</Visible> <Label> <Caption> <Value>= ' Top Networking Revenue Generators on ' & if(WEEKDAY(today()) = 'Mon', 'Friday', WEEKDAY(TODAY()-1))</Value> <Font> <Size>36.0</Size> <Bold>true</Bold> <Alignment> <horizontalAlignment>Center</horizontalAlignment> <verticalAlignment>Center</verticalAlignment> </Alignment> </Font> </Caption> here is the section of the title!.Do you know how to add the today's name ...I tried using the formula above and it not working.Thanks!

Does the <Value> element accept formulas? If it does, are you sure the syntax is correct?You should probably look into asking in a Birt specialized forum... XML is just a foundation of many languages. It doesn't have any "features" on itself, so unless by some miracle we have someone in the forum who known Birt, we wouldn't be able to help you.

Archived