harry0812

Simple Javascript Xml Parsing

Can someome please give me a dummy script that reads a data from a multilvel XML and parses it using Javascript and displays it in the html page. The catch is :- You are not allowed to use getElementByName and getElementById, etc... Only nodeType, childnode and other such attribuit is allowed.Please assist me here.

Well yeah, getElementByName and getElementById don't make sense in an XML context (well, IDs do in special circumstances, but that's another story). See the examples in DOM Access Nodes

I did find a way out . Can someone help me convert the below small script from vbscript to javascript. set xmlDoc=CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")xmlDoc.async="false"xmlDoc.load("nba.xml")for each x in xmlDoc.documentElement.childNodes; document.write("<b>" + x.nodename + "</b>"); document.write(": "); document.write(x.text); document.write("<br>");next

var document = ... // XML document var root = document.documentElement;var children = root.childNodes();for ( var i = 0; i < children.length; i++ ) {  var node = children[ i ];  if ( node.nodeName == "myName" ) {    ....  }}

You can repeat at any level this kind of loop, you may also use nodeType for filtering elements. Best regards