Decimal Rounding Problem

sbutt

Hi Folks, I am using XSLT 1.0, and stuck in a situation where I am having decimal rounding problem. Let me give you an example: My generated XML is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CostSummary><CostingItems>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="1">   <UnitCost Amount="3.333333" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="2">   <UnitCost Amount="3.333333" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="2">   <UnitCost Amount="3.333333" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem></CostingItems><GrossAmount Amount="10.00" CurrencyCode="EUR"/></CostSummary>

My requirement is that the GrossAmount (10), should always be equal to the sum of all the UnitCost Amounts. In the above xml, each UnitCost Amount is generated by GrossAmount/No. of CostingItem >> 10/3= 3.33333. Hence in order to resolve this problem, I have decided to roundup the values to 2 decimal places and adjust the difference in the last CostingItem's UnitCost. For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CostSummary><CostingItems>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="1">   <UnitCost Amount="3.34" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="2">   <UnitCost Amount="3.34" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem>  <CostingItem CostBasis="7" Description="Per Person" PassengerRPH="2">   <UnitCost Amount="3.32" CurrencyCode="EUR"/>  </CostingItem></CostingItems><GrossAmount Amount="10.00" CurrencyCode="EUR"/></CostSummary>

So could someone please help me out in creating the xslt script for the above scenario? I am currently using xslt 1.0. Thanks.

Archived