Div Tag W/marquee Not Working For Me?

WisdomSeeker

Hi I am a student at a marketing university (unofficial University) & during some exercise in building a page the trainer gave me a DIV tag that would not scroll or show the lettering. It would not work in my edit plus as well as in the w3 school, but it did work for him in both! I thought it my be my browser so I tried firefox, google chrome & Internet explorer all produced same results. Here's the tag: last portion of the page <DIV style="top:340px; left:10px;width:582px; HEIGHT:60px; BORDER: 4px #000000 solid; background-color:purple; position:absolute"><br><marquee bgcolor=pink><font size="5" color="black"><B>This page was made by</B></font></marquee></Div> Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response Mr.Mod. I must say I did put in w3school editor again today & it worked there! but not in my edit plus! Well I surely do not need to learn conglomerations of bad practices of web development. Any suggestions for a place to get good training guidance I would appreciate... Interested in learning to build display advertizing & one page ads ect.

What's "edit plus!"?I don't know any specific schools or places to learn, but the best way to learn is to keep practising, looking at references and other peoples' code. The W3Schools tutorials a pretty good to start off. Most ads are either flash or animated GIFs. If you intend to build an advertising page, you will probably want to learn HTML and CSS in depth. HTML's only purpose is to describe content, while CSS is what tells the browser how the content should look. Javascript should control its behaviour (for example, scrolling like a marquee). It's a good idea to write all your code in lowercase. It's especially bad to have mismatching tags (like <DIV></Div>).

Archived