Proper Naming For Controls

LJnel

hey thereeverybody knows that when u give an id to a form control, lets say a textbox then u name the id of that textbox, txtusername or any other control like, a dropdownbox or radiobutton, but i want the file upload control,the proper name, because i dont think it is going to be a textbox..Please help me with this oneThank you

txt, lbl, ddl, etc those are just abbreviations that MS made up so you know right away what type your control is. It is not a rule that you have to name things this way.You're right the file upload control is not just a textbox. I do not know what prefix is used for it but you can make up something you can remember for a prefix.I like to name things like this. FileUploadControl1 or FirstNameTextBox, but that is just my preference.

Guest rajshekhar
hey thereeverybody knows that when u give an id to a form control, lets say a textbox then u name the id of that textbox, txtusername or any other control like, a dropdownbox or radiobutton, but i want the file upload control,the proper name, because i dont think it is going to be a textbox..Please help me with this oneThank you