Sign in to follow this  
biostatsgal

How To Preload All Images In Website While Index Page Loads

I'm new to this forum, and new to web designing in general. I'm in the final stages of completing my first website, but cannot seem to overcome this one issue that has been bugging me for a couple of days now. The problem is that I don't know how to get all the images used throughout the entire website to preload while the index page loads. Each one of my web pages has a full screen background image that I accomplished using the supersized jquery plugin. When I go to each page in my website, there is a delay as the background image loads, but the the foreground images load quickly. So how do I prevent this image loading delay everytime I move to a new page? I also thought about delaying the entry of the foreground images using .delay and .fadeIn, but the timing is not always right and I can't get the foreground images to fadeIn only after the supersized image has fully loaded. I've searched many forums, but I have yet to find a reasonable explanation that works for what I am trying to do. thanks

how large is the file itself? maybe you can just reduce the file size.