Font Size And Kolom Adjustment Sliders

TheBnl

I'm trying to get these sliders to work so a user can adjust the readability of the website. i have a slider to adjust the font size, the number of colums and the background color. For the background color i want to have some sort of color picker but i still need to look into that but if you have any suggestions please let me know! here's the code:

//fontsizewindow.onload = function() {var value_display = document.getElementById("value_display").className.class="value_display";var lorem = document.getElementsByClassName("lorem");document.getElementById("slider").onchange = function() {value_display.value = this.value;lorem.style.fontSize = this.value + "em";}}//kolom aantalfunction changeColumnNoSlider(event) {var val = event.target.value;document.getElementById('columns-no-value').className='columns-no-value'.textContent = val;var el = document.getElementsByClassName('kolom');el.style.webkitColumnCount = val;el.style.MozColumnCount = val;}

The problem is that i use it for blog post so it's not just one article i want to adjust. the code works if i use .getElementById but i need to use classes. Thanks in advance!

There's getElementsByClassName() (returns a nodelist, not an element) for modern browsers. For older ones, you have to loop through all the elements and check their classname to see if it matches.

I tried but it didn't work, i think my coding is wrong or i'm thinking to simple to just changes the byId's to ClassName.Here's the code i have now:

//fontsizewindow.onload = function() {var value_display = document.getElementById("value_display");var tekst = document.getElementsByClassName(tekst);document.getElementById("slider").onchange = function() {value_display.value = this.value;tekst.style.fontSize = this.value + "em";}}//kolom aantalfunction changeColumnNoSlider(event) {var val = event.target.value;document.getElementById('columns-no-value');var el = document.getElementsByClassName('kolom');el.style.webkitColumnCount = val;el.style.MozColumnCount = val;}

I'n my markup i have the div element with the classes (class="kolom tekst") but it still isn't communicating Thanks for your help!

I specified that it was a node list. To deal with node lists you have to loop through each node of the list.

var x = document.getElementsByClassName('y'); var i;for(i = 0; i < x.length; i++) {  x[i].style.backgroundColor = "blue;}

I didn't got the ClassName to work, but i got it to work with jQuery. The only thing is i don't want to use the jQuery slider but the HTML slider.Here's the code:

$(function() {    $('#tekstslider').slider({	    value:16,	    min: 14,	    max: 25,	    step: 1,	    slide: function( event, ui ) {		    $('#font_size').val(ui.value + 'em');		    $('.tekst').css('font-size', ui.value);	    }    });    $('#font_size').val($('#tekstslider').slider('value') + 'em');})

Search results only give me more jQuery sliders but i need less ;-) Thanks!

Archived