[Solved] Image File Permissions Problem.

attila2452

[attilahajzer.host-ed.net] [sun Oct 02 23:19:43 2011] [error] [client 173.238.186.90] Premature end of script headers: f403.php Error 500: Script Execution Failure Description: The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Most common reasons for returning this error message are: • File Upload Mode When you upload Perl, CGI scripts via FTP you should use always ASCII mode. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your FTP client uses ASCII mode when uploading your scripts, because if it uses BINARY mode to upload your scripts they won't work on the server. The problem caused by wrong upload mode is associated with the way different operating systems handle the "end of line" character. Unix system uses a "line-feed" (LF), Windows uses a "carriage-return" (CR) and "line-feed" (LF) pair. That's why it is very important that you set the uploading mode to ASCII. • File Permissions When you upload scripts via FTP the file permissions are set by default to 755. If you get "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" you should check whether your scripts have 755 permissions. Otherwise your scripts have lower level of permissions and does not support execution upon request. The octal representation of the 755 permission is equal to the following textual format: -rwxr-xr-x Most FTP clients support the CHMOD command which is used for setting file permissions. In case you have set improper permissions to your scripts, use your FTP client and set "Read, Write, Execute" permissions for the owner, "Read, Execute" permissions for the group and everyone else. • Script Errors This is the third well known reason for getting "Error 500: Script Execution Failure" upon execution of your scripts. Check your scripts for any obvious syntax or programming errors to make sure your code is not broken. Remember: When you get a "Error 500: Script Execution Failure", you should always check for any file uploading problems (ASCII/BINARY) and the executable permission settings. Once those are checked and verified, it looks like there is a syntax error or some other problem in the script. Ive changed the file permissions to 755, even though it was already that. I have tried uploading it from Filezilla many times, as well as website file manager. and triple checked the (file info) information on the image, on mac.

on my site? i dont have one. i just have a PageNotFound.html. thats all! i dont have any error pages like 404 403 etc. i dont know how they work let alone use them correctly.

If there's a PHP file that you don't have access to that reports an error, and you've tried all of the steps that the error message lists, then you'll probably need to contact your host. It sounds like you're getting a 403 error that loads a custom error page which causes a 500 error.

The error message you posted is a 500 error message, and the file which generated that 500 error is a file called f403.php, which sounds like a custom error page for a 403 error. So the image generates a 403 error, which is a permission error, and the custom error page generates a 500 error, which is usually a scripting error.

I contacted my hosting service and notified them. ands they told me : Thank you for contacting us.For FREE hosting accounts we have hotlinking protection enabled (you cannot open image files directly) if you wish to have this limitation removed you need to upgrade to a paid account.This is done to prevent traffic abuses. Images however are opening fine from within a web page.You will have this functionality as well as the SMTP enabled and enhanced stability and service quality that comes out of the box with any paid hosting account. thank you for the advice!!

Archived