? It Does And Then It Doesn't

bigjoe11a

I'm looking for some one who can VNC or use Teamviewer to help me with these PHP scripts. Ever since I desided to update it. I can't get every thing to work. I have an other set of PHP scripts that I was running and I wanted to update them do they will use a database template system. Most of the work was all ready done. I just has to add pages and crap like that. I wanted to lean how to use classes and how to set them. So if some one has about an hour to spend on the PC please page me on Yahoo IM by adding bigjoe11a to your Yahoo IM List. Maybe be you can help me figure out why only some of this works and some of it doesn't. If would be an idea to had speakers and a mic too. Joe bigjoe11a@yahoo.combigjoe11a@gmail.com

is it not possible to use the forums?
One of these days I figure out what this reply means

I doubt the people on this forum have the time or patience to dedicate a significant amount of time to help you — no-one here is paid to answer questions. As thescientist says, the forums (i.e., this bulletin board) are how people discuss problems on this site, and others will be best able to help you if you use this mechanism as well. If this is the level of support you expect from communities of volunteers, then I despair :P. P.S. thescientist's sentence was, bar the lack of capitalisation, actually correct English. I can see how the negative question ("is it not ...", also sometimes written as "isn't it ...") may have been confusing though, and his sentence could also be expressed as, for example, "why can't you use the forums?"

point well taken, It's just I ran out of options and I just don't know what to do. This advance coding it way over my head. the the books and videos I have. they Just don't cover what I'm trying to do. So I got the idea to post asking for advance help. The the big problem is no one will help unless they got paid, Well I helped 100's of people in PHP coding and never got paid for it. I have books from w3schools in pdf format. The cover every thing other then what I'm trying to do Thanks any way.Joe

Apparently, you're missing the most important skill of it all - how to ask questions.And I'm not talking about questions to the forum... I'm talking about questions in general. If you can coherently tell what's the problem, you'll likely be able to find solution yourself, and if not, we can easily help you.But again, coherently tell the problem:"I can't get every thing to work." - what parts work and what don't?"I have an other set of PHP scripts that I was running and I wanted to update them do they will use a database template system" - what is stopping you from doing that?"I wanted to lean how to use classes and how to set them." - there are W3Schools tutorials on that, and there's also the PHP manual... have you read them? What parts have you tried to use? If you fail, what messages are shown when you do?

We help hundreds of people with PHP problems too without compensation, but we do it through the forums because it's easier. If you're asking for something worth hours of coding it's not likely we'll want to spend the time to work with it because it's a lot of work with no compensation. PHP has a complete language reference: http://www.php.net/manual/en/langref.phpAnd a complete function reference: http://www.php.net/manual/en/funcref.php These references will show you every single tool that PHP has and how to use them, but it will not teach you how to program, because programming is very complicated. You have to learn to break a problem into pieces and get these pieces to work together properly, and learn how to structure data. Programming is not a simple thing, people don't spend three or five years of studying and spending money on classes to work for free.

Thanks Guys and boen_robot I gave up on asking questions like that. It makes no since to me to ask Question like that. How ever you are right about one thing. I do have problems giving and explaining things so that you guys can under stand. I been a PHP coder for 4 1/2 years and I have helped a lot of people. Like you said. The class tutorials are fine. I even learn some new ones from the video tutorials from youtube.com. The problem isn't with the classes I made. I just have to fine a way to explain this crap to you guys so that you can under stand. and ingolme. I'm not asking any one to do any coding for me at all. This is where you guys miss under stand me. It would be easy for me to show you then tell you. Then you could tell me how to fix it so that it does work. The problem with forums sections is that they can help with basic coding and so on. How ever most of the time you need to see code and watch what the code is going. Then you can come up with an answer to help fix the problem. I was hoping to show some one the problem and be able to help me to fix it. If you guys do all my coding, How will I learn any thing ??????? I'll have to start another post and add all of the codes and then try and explain it again. I just don't know what to do. This kind of coding is way too advanced for me. That's why I wanted to learn this. Joe

Thanks Guys and boen_robot I gave up on asking questions like that. It makes no since to me to ask Question like that
Maybe you've helped hundreds of people, but how many times have you asked for help? How many times have you had to ask for such information from the people you've helped? Given that, how can you honestly say it makes no sense to ask questions like that? You should know these are the first questions one always needs to ask. How have you reached where you are without questions like that?All advanced coding is just simple coding stuff chained up together. Whether you describe the problem here, or in a personal conversation, the main idea is the same - do some rubber duck debugging for goodness' sake!
I was hoping to show some one the problem and be able to help me to fix it. If you guys do all my coding, How will I learn any thing ???????
OK. Do it already... condense it, and show it. The very process of condensing might help you solve the problem, and if it doesn't, we'll go on from there. You haven't even yet described what the issue is. I'm starting to think it's much simpler than you make it out to be. Either that, or you're simply trying to use a poorly documented library/framework, in which case I blame the library/framework developer.

Archived