ComboBox Control

aspnetguy

I have made a ComboBox Control and want people to test it and tell me if it is useable and useful.It is based on the html select control. this was my first attempt and used the select as a base. the next major version will move away from the select control to fully XHTML/CSS based Control that will allow for more look and feel flexibility.I realize this release may be very similar to the original select but I have added some new features...at the very least it is a good reference when making objects and methods.You can download the control below:Please download it and give me some feedback. Let me know if you find any bugs,/problems. Also let me know if there are any features that you would like to see and I will try and include them in the next version.Thanks,

ComboBox1_0.zip

I like the remove by index or text, that's quite a cool idea, but most of the other things just seem to be replacing one name for another (e.g. Items.Count and Items.length). I'd like to see the XHTML/CSS version though, have you seen: http://www.easy-designs.net/...replace.../final.html. I think that's a very nice CSS/JS way of creating a box, and you can use keyboard keys if you tab to it too :) Adding and removing items to that shouldn't be too difficult a job

I like the remove by index or text, that's quite a cool idea, but most of the other things just seem to be replacing one name for another (e.g. Items.Count and Items.length).  I'd like to see the XHTML/CSS version though, have you seen: http://www.easy-designs.net/...replace.../final.html.  I think that's a very nice CSS/JS way of creating a box, and you can use keyboard keys if you tab to it too :) Adding and removing items to that shouldn't be too difficult a job

Thanks for the comments. I realize that some of the features are just duplicating the existing features but I was learning object creation as I went along. It helped me understand OOP JavaScript alot.The next version will be a lot nicer.

Pardon my ignorance, but...what does it do exactly? :)

Basicly it does very cool things! :blink: like creates ComboBox(es), adds and remove items of those combos, sets properties etc. Waiting next version... Play with these:<button onclick="cb.Items.Add('Jonas', 'something')">Add Jonas</button><button onclick="cb.Items.Remove('Jonas')">Remove Jonas</button>By the way there is small bug, if 124 Jonas is added, Revove Jonas button removes more than one Jonas in each click. But it's not ready yet, public beta or similar. :)Opera 9 is now public beta too: :)http://opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/04/20/

By the way there is small bug, if 124 Jonas is added, Revove Jonas button removes more than one Jonas in each click
That is because you are using the Remove by text feature...if you specify a index number it will only remove the specified index.I will look into adding support for Remove by text to remove only the first occurance or remove all.version 2 beta is coming nicely...far more complex than versoin 1.I think it will make sense to support both version 1 and 2 since they will be very different from each other. Or maybe even branch them into 2 different controls.Any more ideas?