easyphp alternatives

Little Goat

hi, I use easyphp, but it slows my computer WAY down.does anyone know of a good alternative that works the same way; after you install, open one program, and then go to localhost. ? :) thnx, LG

I did. And I liked it a lot. However, all plug-ang-play server applications, both easyPHP and XAMPP make it hard to install extensions and manage their settings, so I currently don't have it. But for plug-ang-play server application, that is certanly the best choise.

I agree I used to use Ephp but now that I use XAMPP I find my computer a bit more reactive than before happy of it.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I guess I won't start a new topic...how about installing php, apache and mysql yourself?how hard is it, and does it slow down your computer like ephp?thnx, LG

Installing PHP and MySQL are both a breeze. PHP can be a bit harder because you have to do a little bit of configuration, but there is quite a bit of documentation on each one so it's not too bad.I've had Apache, MySQL, and PHP on my computer for quite some time now, and I have never noticed any sort of slowdown. I don't know how it would perform on any type of older computer, but if you have anything even close to new you should be fine.

Webservers typically are pretty lean. Certain versions of Windows come with IIS, you don't need to install Apache. I have my main machine at home running XP Pro, and I have IIS running all the time, even when I'm gaming. It doesn't slow anything down noticeably, a server with few hits hardly requires anything. From what I remember MySQL was no problem to install, but PHP requires a little manual configuration and can get a little tricky. But like Nakor said, there is a lot of documentation for it. Check the installation guides on php.net.