Movie Clip Help

Kasdraven

OK this is a little wierd. This also might be a stupid question. I've created a navigation menu using multiple movie clips and now I want to put this drop down menu, witch is consisted of several different movie clips, into one movie clip so that I can make it draggable. It's draggable, that's OK. But here is the problem. Say the navigation menu is is inside of a single movie clip with the instance name of mc_nav. This works, but since the navigation manu is inside of mc_nav it doesn't work. There isn't anything wrong with it, but because of it being inside mc_nav it's like it's got an invisible barrier over it and when you roll over any of the navigation bars in the menu it deosn't work. How do I make it one movie clip and still keep it working?

You will probably have to update the paths to your instanced movie clips inside your mc_nav movie clip.Here is an example, just add mc_nav before the movie clip that you are trying to access.

mc_nav.your_mc.gotoAndPlay(1);

• 1 month later...
OK this is a little wierd. This also might be a stupid question. I've created a navigation menu using multiple movie clips and now I want to put this drop down menu, witch is consisted of several different movie clips, into one movie clip so that I can make it draggable. It's draggable, that's OK. But here is the problem. Say the navigation menu is is inside of a single movie clip with the instance name of mc_nav. This works, but since the navigation manu is inside of mc_nav it doesn't work. There isn't anything wrong with it, but because of it being inside mc_nav it's like it's got an invisible barrier over it and when you roll over any of the navigation bars in the menu it deosn't work. How do I make it one movie clip and still keep it working?

Hi,As far as my knowledge ( as I am not sure if I am correct or not ) you have placed a movie clip ( the menu) inside the movie clip mc_nav. Most probably this is happening as your funcitons ( as this.onRollover = function(){} or say this.onPress = function() ) are overridden by the same fincitonis delacred inside mc_nav.if you have written as
mc_nav.onPress = function(){  this.startDrag();}

then mostprobably only this funciton will override any function inside it.so try using the combination mouseListener and hittest to get the result.One more suggestion. Please follow naming conventions ie end a movie clip with myname_mc ( this will give you all the options in a drop down list associated with movie clip )text = mytext_txtmovieclip = myMovieClip_mcbutton = myButton_btn etc.Hope I am of some help to you.