How To Make Website Look More Professional

bmroyer

I have the basic layout done, thanks to help from people here. Now I want to know how to make it more stylish or more professional instead of just, plain. I want to make sites similar style wise as http://shalomca.com/, eventually. What all does it take to reach that point, even when I'm not real good with graphics. Here is a demo of my template: http://zuppora.com/index1.php

As it takes a decent amount of time to master the technical aspects of web development, so it takes a bit of time to get good at designing, layouts, and having a general eye for aesthetics. That a good imagination, some creativity, and a good understanding of a decent graphics editing program. I have designed some sights on my own, but found for more recent projects, it was helpful to have a friend do the design, and then I would create the site from that. In this case, each person plays to their strengths.

I'm also trying to learn how to do this, so I can't give you much help in that area. Though I looked through your code and found a mistype, that could or could not mess with what you were going for Here is the code:

<h4><p></p>We are a small web design company formed in September of 2011. We haven't been in business long, but we have alot to offer.</p></h4>[/Code]

You have two </p> tags, one is in the front while the other at the end. The way it is right now, it is not functioning as a paragraph as it should. So just remove the </p> in front and you should be good with that. Though besides that it looks like the rest of your code is fine, though I will double check, also sorry I can't help you with your styling problem:/ EDIT: Also on the same code line that I showed you, you misspelled "alot" it should be "allot" with two l's

EDIT: Also on the same code line that I showed you, you misspelled "alot" it should be "allot" with two l's
Nitpicking here, but it's actually supposed to be spelled as "a lot". "Allot" essentially means to assign or allocate to something.You'll get better with designing as you do more of it and follow good practices. Personally, I'd rather have somebody else work on the aesthetics, like thescientist said, but that's only because I'm not very graphically inclined.I don't really think there is a strict way or a "coding secret" to make it look good though. Just keep trying and ask for constructive criticism from multiple sources. I'm sure you'll pick up some useful tricks and tips along the way.

Archived