Layout Help

~The Coder~

Hey me again, hope this doesn't seem like spam:/ Anyway I took your advice ShadowMage and I started my coding. Though something weird keeps happening. My code

<html><head><style type="text/css">body{  background-color:blue;}</style></head><body><div id="container" style="width:1020px"><div id="header" style="background-color:black;color:red"><h1 style="margin-bottom:0;"><center>Main Title of Web Page</center></h1></div><div id="menu" style="background-color:gray;color:red;height:400px;width:100px;float:left;"><b>Menu</b><br />HTML<br />CSS<br />JavaScript</div><div id="menu" style="background-color:gray;height:200px;width:100px;float:right;"><div id="content" style="background-color:black;height:400px;width:100px;float:left;">Content goes here</div><div id="footer" style="background-color:black;clear:both;float:left;">Copy right</div></body></html>

That is the code I am using, and when I look at my page the "content" is all the way to the right, and the "footer" is all the way to the right and won't move:/ I also know this looks horrible, I just wanted to see if I could do it or not. Also, how can I increase the height of the container? Any help would be appreciated:)

Edited by ~The Coder~