A Wysiwyg Editor For Html Pages

bigjoe11a

I'm tired of looking for a editor for my web site just to find out that all I get is errors on my page. Does any one know of a editor that I can add to a HTML page that has some basic buttons and crap like that, Some thing simple and easy to install. I all ready Tried TinyMCnicEdit << -- This guy wanted to charge me for supportckEditorCLReditor I'm looking for some thing that's as easy as nicEdit. Joe

Ok, can you give me an idea on what to download. Most of the downloads is just software..

Dreamweaver is software. Are you looking in actually working in whats called 'code view' or in 'design view'(the wysiwyg side of Dreamweaver). Preferably for me, code view whenever I use Dreamweaver. It is pretty expensive though. I would like it if they made a 'lite' version of it without the 'design view' . I wonder if that's available.... Dreamweaver can be a very good teaching tool but don't get to attached because you don't want it doing all the work for you; meaning for example, if you're working in code view, you will get code hints which gives you hints of what to type next etc, which isn't bad for someone new to web development, but if you're serious about web development, you should learn and be able to to remember most of the fundamental aspects afterwards. I believe code hints can be turned off anyway. The only time I use DW is when I'm working on something very important. So yeah. if you're looking for something to catch syntax errors, etc, Dreamweaver is pretty cool, but also pretty expensive. They have trial versions though. Another one you can try and is free is: http://netbeans.org/features/javascript/index.html

I believe he means an editor for a content management system. The only one I know is TinyMCE, and if it's not working for you that's probably because you haven't implemented it right. Follow their instructions exactly as they have it.

Well that's what I did amd I still can't get it to work. I posted another topic related to the same problem at http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=40336&pid=223773&st=0entry223773 and I have no idea what any of these scripts are not working. See I been making another small javascript that I been having problems getting it to work all so.

Archived